[RP TownTalk] Puppies for sale

Sarah Wayland and Alan Thompson twacks at his.com
Fri Oct 5 14:52:12 UTC 2007

Quoting Euniverz at aol.com:
> but in
> this case my focus will be on the welfare of the  pups, their
> parents and their
> future.  Together, we're likely to end up in  the same place.

Though I don't know where the current set of puppies came from, I do
know that Dan Gignac (the owner of Old Town Pets) understands and
agrees with you, Adrianne. In the past, when he's had puppies and
kittens in his store, it is because someone found them, and brought
them in. He took them to the vet, did whatever it took to restore
their health, and sold them for the cost of the vet bills. He viewed
it as a community service.

This doesn't address the issue of the suitability of the person who
adopts the pets. (And I agree that animal rescue groups do a great job
of making sure their animals are placed in an appropriate home.) But I
don't think he is getting his puppies from a "farm".

-Sarah