[RP TownTalk] Puppies for sale

Lou King lking at knob.com
Fri Oct 5 19:00:09 UTC 2007

Please note this is not the "cranky old coot." My tongue is squarely
between my teeth. So I am walking a vary thin line between the moderator
of this forum (Sarah/Alan standby) and being explicit enough that my
point is obvious to all.

My original point was/is that:

Bring up the issue of "commercial breeder[s] or broker[s]" puppies in
the context of Dan and Old Town Pets offering puppies for sale, without
any reason to indicate that Dan's animals are not from an appropriate
source, is inflammatory.  This juxtaposition put Dan (or others)
unnecessarily in the position of needing to defend the business
practices of Old Town Pets.

{end}

There have in fact been several on this forum that have felt the need to
defend, with facts, Dan's business practices in this regard.

None of this has anything to do with whether or not I agree or disagree
with Adriane's stand on "factory" raised pets.  I would have had similar
comments if this thread had started with a 'I hope the pet food is not
coming from a contaminated source.'

A totally separate point was that this thread could be an example of why
a business may choose to locate somewhere else.  Using Old Town Pets as
an example:  Rah! Rah! you are coming here. --- Oh now that you are here
did I mention the additional requirement of ____ (fill in the blank).

Sorry the Old Coot is banging on the door.

The end of my input on this topic.

Louis King
4504 Queensbury Rd.