[RP TownTalk] Gorgeous Prince George's Day

Todd Whitehead twhitehead76 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 9 18:35:57 UTC 2007

The last two weeks of TownTalk has been pretty incredible.  Discussions have ranged from vacant town center to weighty environmental issues to Raytheon coming to town.  My message only pertains to the first two of these.
  This Saturday, October 13, is this year's Gorgeous Prince George's day.  The county has donated trees and bulbs to us to plant in order to beautify (some of) the common areas in town.
  There are two locations that we will work to improve on Saturday: the median strip on East-West highway between Route 1 and Kenilworth Ave., and the recently-cleared area to the left of Greg's towing.
  I will be in front of City Hall at 7:30 (with coffee!).  The volunteers will separate into two groups and then go to their respective sites between 8 and 8:30.
  Some of you have already volunteered your time, and I really appreciate that.  However, we are still in need of volunteers, so please tell your friends and neighbors about our efforts to make Riverdale Park a more beautiful place.
  If you would like to volunteer and have not told me yet, please respond to this e-mail, or call me at 202.441.3813.  You can also show up Saturday morning (I won't turn you away).

  Thanks again,
  Todd

  PS: I know that some of you won't be able to volunteer because you will be attending Gerry's funeral.  If you had already indicated that you would help, but won't be able to because of the funeral, please let me know.