[RP TownTalk] What is the Town's policy on selling stuff on your lawn?

McDougall, Sherene (Law) Sherene.McDougall at ngc.com
Mon Oct 29 14:42:06 UTC 2007

I know if you have a lot of stuff you no longer need residents can hold
a yard sale - can someone advise what is Riverdale town's policy for
selling stuff on your lawn on a daily basis?  In particular, I would
like to point out two homes on East/West Highway approaching Route 1
junction that seem to be in competition with each other for selling
stuff on their front lawn/porch that is becoming an eyesore.  The
residents of one home sells clothing and other knick knacks and the
other home puts out tires, lawn mowers, old TVs, dishes, you name it,
they probably will have it.  I am sure that they can probably take this
stuff to the flea markets held at Northwestern High School parking lot
and the church at the corner of East/West and Adelphi Road instead of
having them curbside.  I have been reading on our towntalk how we would
like to have our neighborhood looking and I certainly don't think this
eyesore contributes to that look.  Thanks.

Sherene