[RP TownTalk] Electronic Documents resolutions

Lou King lking at knob.com
Tue Sep 4 20:10:19 UTC 2007

In addition to adding my Hear! Hear! to Dwight's, let me put on my Nerd hat.

In "Publishing and Archiving Electronic Documents" I suggest that when
documents are published and archived in HTML format that the HTML
standards of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) be required (directed).

The objective would be the same as requirements to us standard English.
By following the standards published by the W3C it assures that HTML
documents will be correctly interpreted by the largest number of tools
(browsers).  This would also preclude using proprietary additions to the
standards, that are only "understood" by one browser and would assure
that archived documents would be correctly interpreted in the future.

An example from my Ozark past would be "My brother, who is a /flar/ for
the Army Air Core, gave the /purtiest/ /raid/ /flar/ to Anna May when he
comed home. She was /fixin'/ biscuits and got /flar/ all over him when
she kissed him /rail/ hard."

By not following standards, there are some that may not understand why
Anna May's pa gave her a /whupin /with a /willer/ switch for goin' back
on her /raisin. /He was afeard when my brother left he would leave a
/wood's colt/.

Lou