[RP TownTalk] Major business at special legislative sessions should be avoided

cranky old coot lking at knob.com
Tue Sep 11 20:59:20 UTC 2007

Roland I would have assumed that if anyone was informed it would have
been you. But for your information:

I was planning on being at the the special Legislative Meeting tonight
to make sure that the new sound system does get the open portion of the
meeting on cable (Audio, no video) and that the closed portion of the
meeting is not on cable and recorded on a separate tape if recording is
appropriate.

As for discussion of the "Code software" I think their has been some.
Being the geek that I am, like you I was interested in this package and
how it should assist in getting the documents of Town Government into
the light.  If I remember correctly, I heard about the original request
for bids before I departed for my summer "highland fling" (or maybe on
TownTalk while I was gone).  It was discussed at the August work session
that I attended. That session was on cable and was recorded. (I was on
the control board and heard the tape today.)  In the last couple of week
(I think) there was some discussion on TownTalk. On review that was
private emails between me and my councilperson.

The Special Legislative Meeting was planned during the work session,
announced last Tuesday during the regular meeting and several issues
were identified at that time that needed to be handled at the beginning
of the meeting.

All that said, it is kind of a geeky thing down in the dirt without lots
of general interest.  *But I do agree with you.*  On the other hand it
could be that our ward 1 council person's drive to get documents widely
available in PDF format and on the web, that has moved this budget item
forward.

See you tonight

Lou