[RP TownTalk] Major business at special legislative sessions should be avoided

Vernon Archer varcher at gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 21:12:15 UTC 2007

Neighbors,

A correction is in order, tonight the sealed bids for the Financial and Code
Software will be opened. It was not intended that action would be taken
tonight, though that was what was stated on town announce.  With the
proposals opened the information will be provided to the council by the work
session so that they will hopefully be able to take action at the next
legislative session on October 1. There is a strong likelyhood that we will
want the strongest candidates to be available to answer questions at either
the work session or the October 1 legislative session.

Further, the decision to buy such software and an estimate of the cost was a
part of the FY 2007 budget process, and has been discussed in its various
phases of procurement in numerous public meetings over more than a year.

Best wishes,

Vern

--
Vernon Archer, Mayor