[RP TownTalk] Town Center of Dreams

JayRite at aol.com JayRite at aol.com
Thu Sep 13 14:47:03 UTC 2007

The word is correct. "IF" they have to take him to court then fine.  Lawsuits
should only be used as a last resort. You have no idea what sort of  current
negotiations are going on between the city and them. I only caution you  to
not screw that up. I'm sorry if I've "lost you" Bruce. (your words, not  mine).

I'm sorry if YOUR patience are wearing thin. But this isn't about you, it's
about the town. And ONCE AGAIN!!!! Jemal has not owned those buildings for 20
years. Only 4. The other 16 are the town's and whoever else owned properties
in  the town center, including you since 1994.

Another note,
I agree that the demise of bookstore was a terrible shame. However, please
tell me. Was there an opportunity for anyone else, including the operators of
the bookstore, to purchase that building too. And if so, why didn't they or
anyone else? I'm not trying to be smarmy, and not changing the subject. I just
keeps coming up and I am not familiar. I know the history of the
eviction/lease  expiration. What I don't know is: Was the building available for anyone
other  than Douglas to purchase when it was up for sale? And if it was, why
didn't  anyone else buy it?

Easy questions.
Jay