[RP TownTalk] Fwd: Cafritz meetings - Saturday and Tuesday; also East Campus info

Alan Thompson and Sarah Wayland twacks at his.com
Thu Sep 13 14:56:30 UTC 2007

Eric Olson, our County Council representative asked that this be
posted. This information was also in Rob Oppenheim's message from
earlier.
Dear Friends and Neighbors,

I wanted to let you know that the next round of public meetings will
be held this Saturday and this coming Tuesday at Riverdale Elementary
School (see information below).  The Cafritz family will be sharing
initial concepts for their proposed development at this meeting and I
encourage you to please attend and share your views.  This round of
meetings (Saturday and Tuesday are intended as identical meetings)
will not feature the "stations" of previous meetings, but instead
will have a 20 minute presentation, followed by question and answer/
discussion period with the community audience.  This will be a good
opportunity for community dialogue about the proposal.

I apologize that I will not be able to attend the Saturday session
(but my staff will be there), although I intend to be there on Tuesday.

When

Saturday, September 15, 2007: 10:00am-Noon

Tuesday, September 18, 2007: 7:00pm-9:00pm

Where

Riverdale Elementary School
5006 Riverdale Road
Riverdale Park, MD 20737

The Cafritz website (www.cafritzpop.com) now includes a PDF of
presentations as well as comments from the previous community
forums.  I know that everyone was not able to make all the meetings,
especially the last session in July, so I wanted to let you know that
the information is now available.  Please also send any comments on
the project to the Cafritzes through their website (feel free to also
copy me and/or my legislative aide, Dannielle Glaros on your
comments:dmglaros at co.pg.md.us

I hope you can attend, and look forward to strong community
involvement in this and other potential development projects in our
area.

East Campus

Speaking of other projects, there is a community process that has
just started regarding the redevelopment of "East Campus" at the
University of Maryland, 38 acres located at the intersection of Paint
Branch Parkway and Route 1.  The next meeting is on September 20th,
at the Atrium in the Stamp Student UnionBuilding starting at 7:30
pm.  The list of meetings is at: http://www.eastcampus.umd.edu/
InitEvent.cfm?flag=u and more information can be found
at:www.eastcampus.umd.edu

Thank you,

Eric Olson

County Council Member, District 3

eolson at co.pg.md.us

301-952-3060

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Prince George’s
County Government or Prince George's County 7th Judicial Circuit
Court proprietary information, which is privileged and confidential.
This E-mail is intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to
the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited
and may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error,
please notify the sender immediately and permanently delete the
original and any copy of this E-mail and any printout.