[RP TownTalk] Diff. Viewpoints

OurDollMom at aol.com OurDollMom at aol.com
Thu Sep 13 16:07:14 UTC 2007

I just want to clarify that when brainstorming
is going on (at least on my part) it is in no
way intended to put any mayor or official
down or criticize them or make them look bad.

For me I think it is the image or air about how
we think our Town Center should be presented to
outsiders and to newcomers  & how
we treat each other.

Our thinking needs to
change because we are not a strip mall or plaza.
We are not a big bucks place.  If Jemel can turn
us into a big bucks Town Center - I will take my
hat off to him.

We are an out of the way little
Shangrila Historical place with a beautiful gem -
Riversdale mansion.  And this end of town has to
build around that for 2 reasons:  The plans of the
mansion is to have tour buses one day who will
bring foot traffic to TC & those tourists will want to
live our history, shop, eat here.  If we fall down in
this department, we are taking away from some
of the mansion tourists trade because I for one would
not like visiting by bus a mansion whose town is
filled with history and did not respect it enough to
build around it.   The mansion & town center will
benefit from the joint growth together.  The Town
Center and the Mansion need each other to reach
maximum potential.

And we have to stand up and make this happen.

Now down on Kenilworth Ave - I think there is much
room to go at it brainstorming because this is our
other entrance to who we are but since it is not historic
there is much more can be done to grow & plan how
the growth will help us financially etc & improve our
image.

Brainstorming is good - different opinions are great.
That is how we learn, that is one way to feel apart of
things & something good has to come of it - so keep
on !!!!

Emily