[RP TownTalk] recycling

Mike Scott mscott9 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 15:47:35 UTC 2007

Cardboard boxes (cereal boxes, shoe boxes, shipping boxes), phone books,
newspapers, magazines, paper, etc. can all be recycled at Public Works (5012
Queensbury Road) on Saturday from 9 AM to 5 PM.  This is the best choice for
the Town because the Town receives revenue from recycling these materials.
Also, recycling at any location, rather than putting out with trash for pick
up, helps the town because it reduces our dump costs.  On Wednesdays
(Riverdale recycling pick up day) the county accepts only newspapers, phone
books, and magazines (no cardboard).  The green and yellow dumpster at
Riverdale Elementary is for newspapers, paper, and magazines (no
cardboard).  Recycling paper and cardboard at the Public Works facility
is very beneficial to our town and I encourage all to do so.  If you have
any other questions please call Public Works at 301-864-1803

Thank you,

Michael Scott
Acting Director of Public Works