[RP TownTalk] Shared streets etc

Sue Collins wheadle at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 28 13:18:38 UTC 2007

I live at the corner of Ravenswood and Lafayette; and
while I'd dearly LOVE to see the traffic decrease in
my area (especially all of those people who go
barrelling through the interesections without stopping
at the stop signs) and I love the idea of more
pedestrian-friendly roads, I'm not 100 percent sure
how the shared streets idea would work.  With all of
the new condos, businesses, etc., sprouting up around
here, Hyattsville and so on, I think we'll be lucky to
keep the few quiet streets we have now.   I realize a
certain amount of growth and change is inevitable,
perhaps even necessary; but I can't see how we'll be
able to keep our "neighborhood" atmosphere and still
be able to accomodate the rising tide of traffic.