[RP TownTalk] human pylons

Lou King lking at knob.com
Fri Sep 28 13:54:11 UTC 2007

Adrianne,
You make a good point. You do get extra points for throw distance and
little old ladies. Yes, a road race course would be fun;

But we should all hope that when the master plan to eliminate volunteer
fire stations does NOT mean eliminate the firehouse on Queensbury Road.
As I remember back when I first applied for insurance on my house there
were two relevant questions buried in the ream of paper work; 1) how far
away is the nearest fire hydrant? and 2) how far away is the nearest
fire station.

Now I am not a fan of insurance. My view is that life insurance is that
you are betting agents yourself (you must loose the game to get a
payoff). But insurance does very accurately translate risk into dollars
and cents.

If the firehouse goes and Queensbury Rd returns to two-way, we will see
the results every month in our insurance payments.  Oh right, that's
hidden in the Escrow along with taxes, which is just a small part of the
mortgage payment along with loan payment and interest so we won't see
the change.  Sorry I brought it up.

Lou