[RP TownTalk] TownTalk Digest, Vol 14, Issue 25

ABragg7393 at aol.com ABragg7393 at aol.com
Sat Sep 29 17:21:02 UTC 2007

to all,
I know Chief Harrison and believe him to be an honorable man.  I am sure he
is dealing with situation.  I like the fact that he is going to be at the town
meeting to address any concerns or questions.  I don't believe the fire
station should be closed just because of this incident.  As long as it is handled
properly and steps are taken to prevent any reoccurrence.  Chief Harrison is a
volunteer Chief who leads a volunteer group.  The biggest problem he has is no
recourse other than to suspend or  remove volunteers under his leadership.  He
can't threaten to take away their pay check, they don't get one.  He can't
threaten to take away their benefits, they don't get any.  Now if he suspends or
removes volunteers, who takes their place.  Unfortunately there are fewer and
fewer people who will volunteer especially for as dangerous a job as a
firefighter.  So  what do we do?  the best we can.  I am sure Chief Harrison is
doing all he can and I think we should stand behind him and help him to accomplish
his goals to make the volunteer fire department the best there is.
There are times that the Leader/Chief is not informed about the problems in
the community and hears about them only when there is a crises.  I am sure
Chief Harrison would welcome any and all comments and not only the bad ones but
the good as well.
Audrey