[RP TownTalk] profane content on the fire department webpage

Lou King lking at knob.com
Sat Sep 29 21:24:06 UTC 2007

Roland, Dwight

You missed the real joke which is in another of their forum post:

http://www.riverdalevfd.org/index.php?option=com_fireboard&func=view&id=1&catid=2#1

To explain what I mean and why we "pay" Alan, en all, (Sarah) the big
bucks to moderate/monitor this forum, let me quote for that post:

"Topics that are posted here should pertain to our department. Your
topics can be constructive, critical, informative, and funny. Just don't
be offensive.

"If you feel that you cannot post something without being offensive,
then please consult a site administrator for guidance. We will not
censor any posts so long as they abide by these simple rules."

Like I said that is why Alan is so valuable to this forum! (Alan, SAE
with $0.38 stamp to follow.)

I'm sure that one of the lessons to be learned (again) will be to
edit/monitor very carefully what gets on the www under your name. It
seems to me that everyone must learn this lesson for themselves, some
are slow learners!

Security may also be an issue. But it is to late for that. These post
are now in the public domain now, and so will remain.

Lou