[RP TownTalk] variation on the 'broken window' theory -- dress them up, and they will come!

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 17:35:04 UTC 2008

Much is going on in our town center right now -- in addition to the
CSX work on the new crossing gates (which appear to be nearly as
massive in their own way a la the pedestrian bridget at PG Plaza!) the
RP Arts Council with help from volunteers began yesterday converting
some of Jemal's empty storefronts into a Street Gallery of art, in
preparation for the ArtsFest on May 4th.  (The plan is keep art work
in the windows until such time that Jemal finds tenants and needs them
back!)

Anyway, stop by and take a look when you have a chance -- we found the
instant transformation -- from the blighted look of covered windows
the open look of clear glass -- to be amazing.  Keep in mind, too,
we've only just begun; this is a work very much in progress.

If you can't wait til you get over to take a look, I posted one photo
to the ArtsFest page on the Wiki: http://RPArtsCouncil.org (Keep in
mind, i'm not a photographer! At the least i should have had a
polarizing lens for this...)

Dwight

--
1st Annual Riverdale Park ArtsFest