[RP TownTalk] One More ArtsFest request!

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 02:03:04 UTC 2008

Please help spread the word among family, friends, and at work:  The
Riverdale Park ArtsFest will provide something for everyone, all ages,
and all FREE! (Well, except the BBQ ribs and chicken).  Great music
all day, Children's Tent activities, a Drawing activity for kids of
*all* ages... and lots of good and mostly very local artists, many of
whom will be demonstrating their art, as well as showing and selling
their artwork.

Some unique features of the Riverdale Park Arts Fest:  We'll have
shaded seating for people by the food vendors, and also we'll have
chairs for people to enjoy the fine music that's on tap.  And then
there's the Children's Tent with a variety of activities.

For more info, please see the website: http://RPArtsCouncil.org

Obviously we're hoping for a very good turnout.  We're doing what we
can to get the word out, but there's nothing like word of mouth.  So
please talk it up!  Of course you could also point people to the
ArtsFest/Arts Council web site:
http://RPArtsCouncil.org

==OR==you could print out fliers in English and/or Spanish (available
on the website) directly at:
English: http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/owY0SCPlHxYh9DeeEiqcxQ%3D%3D232658
Spanish: http://attachments.wetpaintserv.us/UnB%24oesC36u4aS7oe52%2B9A%3D%3D255691

Please pass these (website URL and/or fliers) around and also put them
up at work, and take them to your
doctor's/dentist's/vet's/hairdresser's etc. If you have children, feel
free to put them up on bulletin boards at school or talk with their
teachers about getting the information out to everyone.

Did I mention the Street Gallery (in Jemal's windows) features art
work by William Wirt Middle School students (courtesy Anacostia
Watershed Society)? We're hoping to get more student art as well --
feel free to have your kids' teachers get in contact with the
Riverdale Park Arts Council (rpartscouncil at gmail.com or 301-864-5561)
if they want to arrange for their students to participate in the Arts
Fest too!