[RP TownTalk] does your tap water look like this

Marc Molino mmolino54 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 21 15:18:11 UTC 2008

We use a humidifier in the bedroom (especially during the dry winter months) and we fill it with water from the tap (sometimes straight, and sometimes filtered through one of those Brita filters that attaches to the faucet)--using several different types & brands of humidifier, there is always some sort of orange/yellow stain that develops in either the filter or along the working parts of the humidifier after a day or two of running it constantly.

Does anyone know what this is? Anyone else experience this?

Out of the tap, our water appears clear and tastes fine.

Thanks in advance for any input,
Marc

The RP Muse Blog ~ Highlighting local arts & culture. Submissions welcomed.
http://therpmuse.blogspot.com