[RP TownTalk] Opportunities to help with the ArtsFest - tonight and the day of (May 4th)

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 15:12:20 UTC 2008

TODAY, THURSDAY - I know there are many of you very disappointed you haven't
been able to help out with the Piñata Project.  Well, folks, it's not too
late -- those loving to get their hands in that gooey paste are gathering
chez nous today starting around 4; some will come then, some later (6, 7).
there are rumors of pizza from 4 doors up the street!
MEET TODAY AT: 4716 Riverdale Rd. anytime starting at 4 onwards...
Best to call ahead 240..396..6831

AS THE DAY OF THE EVENT APPROACHES the Arts Council could really use some
volunteers to help out -- We'll post a more comprehensive list of specific
jobs & times later (soon, I hope!) but here are a couple of things for sure:

In exchange for your service the Arts Council will offer you FREE ADMISSION
to the ArtsFest -- which is otherwise..... FREE TO EVERYONE!

1] We're going to convert the yellow sandwich board Farmers Market signs
(directional signs placed at the major intersections around town) to
ArtsFest signs (we'll have the signs printed ahead of time -- they just need
to be taped on the sandwich boards) -- one or two people could do this at
Public Works on Friday May 2nd, time is flexible.

2] We need a couple of people throughout the day to direct people and
traffic at Town Center -- people may have questions about the shuttle bus
(that will ply between the Children's Day activities at Riversdale Mansion,
the ArtsFest (MARC Station parking lot) and ERCO parking lot (north of Field
of Dreams) for overflow parking); or questions about where they can park,
etc.  Didn't you always want to play traffic cop? Now's your chance!

3] And of course we could use a ***lot*** of hands Sunday morning (from
early on til opening at 11 a.m.) and evening (at 6) to help set up and take
down all the tents and other equipment.  All of the more than 30
participating artists (MOST OF WHOM ARE LOCAL, from Riverdale Park,
Hyattsville, Greenbelt, College Park) will have their own tents but many of
them could use a hand in getting them set up and taken down (hard to do that
all alone!), plus we have our own tents, tables and chairs that will need
setting up and taking down.

Stay tuned for announcements further opportunities...

Oh, and if anyone has an in with the Weathermen and women, yes, we'd like
one gorgeous day on Sunday May 4th, please. THANKS!

TO VOLUNTEER OR IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, pls contact me, Dwight Holmes at this
email or at 240..396..6831

--
1st Annual Riverdale Park ArtsFest
Town Center (at the MARC)