[RP TownTalk] National night out against crime event

Anne Blein-Zuk annelbv at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 11:51:44 UTC 2008

The Bike rodeo had quite a turn out. We estimate that we had between 40 and 50 kids go through it, each getting a helmet safety lecture and demonstration, a helmet fit, a bike fit, a pep talk from my husband David and a chance to ride the course. We had a wonderful set of volunteers who made the rodeo possible and organized.
The grins and giggles we saw last night were priceless. I wish we could do this every day!
My favorite part was setting up the course. Some kids notices us setting up cones throughout the field and all of a sudden, there were 30 of them helping out.

If you know of kids who really enjoyed themselves and want to participate on rides either on the paved trails around here, or who want to go mountain biking on a natural surface trail, then give the parents my phone number.

Detective Alexander deserves a standing ovation for pulling this off. He really did a great job!

Thanks!

Anne Blein-Zuk
Trips For Kids PG
301-704-6612