[RP TownTalk] garbage woes

euniverz at aol.com euniverz at aol.com
Wed Aug 6 12:22:59 UTC 2008

I share the sentiments about the new trash cans.? The new green one is almost as tall as I am and barely gets through my front gate.? It's almost impossible to get it through my side gate (from the place where I used to store my garbage cans).

I have a tiny house and a tiny plot of land and no place to hide these new garbage/recycle cans.? Nor will I ever be able to fill them.

When the big blue recycling bins were handed out (and I thought those were the biggest size trash cans came in) I contacted my town council member three times to have it removed.? I prefer to use the smaller yellow recycle bin...easier to hide and move around.? I was basically told I was stuck with it.

The only reason I use them instead of my old ones is because I can't get them in my side yard and to use my old ones I'd have to move the new ones out of the way.? Where do I sign up for the opt-out program?? Perhaps public works can take mine back and give them to somebody else that needs multiples (ha!) or replace ones that are destroyed?

Thanks,

Adrianne

Vernon Archer wrote, On 8/5/2008 10:20 AM:

> You can put yard waste in any standard container--old trash can, _new
> tote_,

At last a practical use for the new, 64 gallon Plus, "tote."

COC