[RP TownTalk] Our new post person - Mary

Robert Oppenheim Rob.Oppenheim at comcast.net
Sun Aug 24 04:38:35 UTC 2008

Those of us west of the rail road tracks had a difficult time
with mail delivery after Jack Moffett retired a few months ago.

For a few months our route was covered by several different
people on overtime. So after delivering their regular route,
they came here and did our route (or part of it). Being
unfamiliar with the route and stressed with overtime created a
lot of errors. Perhaps there were other problems too, I don't
know. Hopefully our mail problems are behind us now. I know my
mail delivery is much improved since Mary Lutz was assigned full
time to our route. She is very experienced and conscientious.

If you have any mail delivery problems, Mary would appreciate if
you would let her know directly. She is very responsive and
polite and rather fun to talk to. Of course, many of you are not
home when mail is delivered, so just leave her a note.

Even if Mary happens to be off during the problem, she would
appreciate a chance to fix it on her return. Sometimes problems
get lost when reported "up the chain" at the post office, so please
give Mary a shot at fixing it. Also, if you need your mail held just
leave her a note as to when, and she will take care of it.

Mary loves dogs. If you have one, you have probably noticed a
dog biscuit arriving in the mail each day - a gift from Mary -
that can really change a dog's attitude about mail arriving! If
for any reason, you do not want the biscuits, just let her know.
She understands that it may not be perfect for all dogs and will
not be offended. She tells a cute story about a dog with a wheat
allergy, and how she and the owner dealt with it. Ask her about it.

Please extend a warm welcome to our new post person - Mary Lutz.
Just say hi, or perhaps leave her a note.

-Rob