[RP TownTalk] New Shagga coffee shop now fully open

Robert Oppenheim Rob.Oppenheim at comcast.net
Mon Aug 25 06:16:52 UTC 2008

I had an excellent cappuccino this weekend at the new Shagga
Coffee Shop and Restaurant. To my great pleasure, instead of
the usual paper/plastic, it was served in a nice ceramic mug.

The coffee shop has been open for a few weeks, and their
full kitchen is now open too. I enjoyed a few freshly made
sambusas, which were served on an attractive, real plate.

The owners first names are Adamu and his wife Kelem.
Last name Lemu. Both are from Ethiopia and logically
enough they feature Ethiopian cuisine.

To give you an idea of the menu and prices...

Coffee starts at $1.45 with Cappuccino from $2.65
Fruit smoothies from $3.50

Sambusas $1.50 each (cheaper by the dozen at $12 or
half dozen at $7.50).

They open early at 6am, and offer breakfast from $2.25 for an
egg sandwich, $3.95 for eggs w/ ham, bacon or sausage & cheese.

Weekday lunch specials are available 11am-3pm M-F for $6.95.

Dinners from $7.50 to $12.95 (vegetarian, chicken, lamb, and
beef entrees available).

They also offer beer, wine and spirits.

Shagga Coffee & Restaurant on Rt 1 (in the old doughnut shop).
6040 Baltimore Ave, 6 am - 9 pm. 7-days/week. 240-296-3030.

For a Get Acquainted Coupon of 25% off coffee and food
(excluding Lunch Specials) go to
http://rpwiki.wetpaint.com/page/Shagga+Coupon

-Rob