[RP TownTalk] Rt. 1 Planning tonight-12/10 + Cafritz Meeting 12/13

Cranky old Coot lking at knob.com
Sat Dec 6 01:05:26 UTC 2008

I would hope Hyattsville CDC does not pay to much for their POP service,
the latency seems a bit long.

The original Cafritz Meeting post on TownTalk was sent from the members
MAC at 17:32:55 UTC, according to her system clock.
The message arrived at TownTalk at 17:33:07 UTC.
My copy was sent back out by TownTalk at 17:33:12 UTC and arrived at my
mail server at 17:33:22 UTC where it was held until my POP mail app read
it from the server.

The copy from  Hyattsville CDC was not sent until 18:35:06 UTC
(according to your system clock) or 18:35:11 UTC according to your SMTP
server.

You are of course correct, my assertion that there was more than an hour
to read the first post about the Cafritz Meeting before posting a second
copy, was based on my assumptions that the copy to Hyattsville from
TownTalk was sent within seconds of when my copy was sent, and that the
time to get from TownTalk to Hyattsville's POP is approximately the same
as mine.

I could of course be wrong.

COC

PS My apologies to the civility moderator.