[RP TownTalk] home for the holidays?

lisagrob at verizon.net lisagrob at verizon.net
Fri Dec 19 13:22:12 UTC 2008

Thanks Sarah. There was another break in in Riverdale Park this week.
The burglar entered a friend's home during the night while they were
home. He was interrupted in the act.

Please be wary.

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at  9:17 PM, Sarah Wayland wrote:

>> Yes Jim, It was in fact a quantitative not a qualitative observation.

I think the solution is for more of us to post scintillating tidbits
to the list.

My scintillating tidbit for today: Apparently crime rates are up all
over. (Who was it who said, "It's the economy, stupid"?).

Other (more active) listserves I read report a rather dramatic uptick
in crime (mostly petty theft from what I can tell, but Maya's
unnerving post of the other day shows that it's not limited to that.)

So, if you will not be in town for the holidays, I thought you might
all be happy to know that our police department will help keep an eye
on your home while you are gone. You can go to the police station and
fill out a form to let them know when you will be gone, who will be
watching your house while you are gone, and how to contact you in case
of emergency.

I think this is a wonderful service, and when I tell friends from
another town that we have it here in Riverdale Park, they are always
amazed.

Anyway. I hope this tips the balance so COC is a little happier.

-Sarah
subscription processing only

For more information about Riverdale Park, visit
http://www.riverdaleparkmd.info <http://www.riverdaleparkmd.info>
<http://www.riverdaleparkmd.info>