[RP TownTalk] Thanks To All

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 16:27:12 UTC 2008

I will take this opportunity to jump in and say how proud I was to see
Riverdale Park on the front page of the Sunday Washington Post. It may seem
odd to feel pride when your town is featured for a sudden rise in the number
of "latch key" kids, increasingly being left on their own at home due to the
economic downturn and their parents not being able to afford day care. But
the article put our Chief of Police Teresa Chambers and Rev. Ben Slye of
Christian Life Center in a very good light, and it reflects well on a town
when its leaders are seen to care and to put people first.

If you missed it, the article is available here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/20/AR2008122002113.html?sub=AR