[RP TownTalk] FW: Calverts by Candlelight blurb

Ferris, Samantha Samantha.Ferris at pgparks.com
Tue Dec 23 17:08:08 UTC 2008

From: Samantha [mailto:samantha.a.f at gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 6:54 PM
To: Riversdale; Joyce White
Subject: Calverts by Candlelight blurb

Hi everybody! I hope you are all enjoying your holidays and are
successful in finding those last few perfect gifts! In the 19th century,
Christmastide was a time for calling on family and friends and extended
from Christmas Day straight through to the Epiphany on January 6.
Riversdale invites you to extend your own Christmas festivities by
calling on the Calverts during our annual Calverts by Candlelight
program.

Enjoy candlelit tours of the house, children's holiday activities, and
refreshments. Our gift shop and holiday children's shop will be open, as
well. Riversdale's Kitchen Guild will be working away in the dependency
during their second Seasonal Selections program, focusing on Martha
Washington's Great Cake. The recipe alone calls for 40 eggs and it is
quite the sight to be seen!!

This year, Calverts by Candlelight falls on Saturday, December 27 and
runs from 6-9 pm. Reservations are not required, so bundle up the
friends, family, and visiting out-of-towners and bring them all over for
a unique experience! Tickets are $5 for adults and free for children 12
and under.

The twelfth day of Christmas marked the traditional end of the Christmas
season (and the song!) and was often celebrated with a ball. Riversdale
is keeping with the tradition and hosting our Twelfth Night Ball on
Saturday, January 10, 2009(!!) at 7:30 pm. Dress in costume or black tie
and dance the evening away as you learn a variety of Regency-era dances.
A period buffet dinner is also provided. Tickets are $25 and going
fast!!!

If you have any questions about the above events, please call the office
at 301.864.0420 or email riversdale at pgparks.com directly, as I am out of
town.

Stay tuned for: info about our Hands-On History: Teddy Bear Tea, coming
up on Friday, January 30!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! I hope you all have safe travels, a
few moments to relax and enjoy the season, and a healthy New Year! We'll
see you soon!!

Cheers,
Samantha

--