[RP TownTalk] Md senator helps pass Telecom immunity

Roland Walker walker at pobox.com
Fri Feb 15 17:37:03 UTC 2008

[I wrote]
>  The House is taking up the bill which originated in the Senate.

I *think* that's not true yet.  The Senate is so complicated.
Apparently an amendment was attempted on the immunity language in the
Senate, the amendment failed, and now a separate bill is being
introduced that accomplishes the same thing as the amendment.  I don't
pretend to understand the maneuvering.

But the dispute does boil down to the immunity language.

It is good to read those words firsthand, consider their meaning, and
make our own individual, carefully reasoned decisions on the wisdom of
such a law.