[RP TownTalk] Md senator helps pass Telecom immunity

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Sat Feb 16 20:24:25 UTC 2008

The Constitution and Bill of Rights ooze with distrust of government.
It's in our blood.

No one is objecting to FISA -- its the end run around FISA and
cover-our-buddies'-arses manoeuvers that reek here. If FISA hadn't
been ignored there'd be no issue of lawsuits and no reason to provide
retroactive immunity.

FISA as originally constituted allowed for actions without warrants
when need arose -- all they had to do was ask for the warrant within
72 hours.

--
Riverdale Park Community Wiki
http://rpwiki.wetpaint.com/