[RP TownTalk] Master Peace Community Garden - save the dates!

Vinnie Bevivino bevivino at umd.edu
Thu Feb 28 15:05:08 UTC 2008

We wanted to confirm with everyone the the upcoming events in the
garden.  These diverse events will answer your questions about our
garden, get your hand dirty preparing for the upcoming growing season,
and be fun for your whole family too.  Please mark your calendar, we'd
love to see you out here!

March 4th - 6 to 7 PM - Community meeting #1, Sign up for a community
plot, ask questions about our program, and give your input on how the
garden can best serve you and your family.
March 15th  - 10 to 11 AM - Community meeting #2
March 22nd - 10 AM to 2 PM - Neighborhood work day, Come out for a fun
day of volunteering in the garden.  Clean up for the upcoming growing
season, prepare beds, and plant a few transplants too!  A group of
University students in the Alternative Spring Break program will be
working in the garden that day, and we'd love to show our appreciation
with some neighborhood volunteers too.
March 27th - 6 to 7 PM - Community meeting #3
March 29th - 11 to 3PM - Neighborhood work day - A second work day
geared for those that couldn't make the first because it was during
both the public schools' and the University's spring break.
April 5th - 10 to 11 AM - Community meeting #4
April 19th - 10 to 3 PM - Spring Festival - Come celebrate the
beginning of our second growing season with a fun day of food and
games for the whole family.

We have a PDF of a flyer for the four community meetings, that you can
download from our website (http://engagedu.umd.edu/documents/0000/0040/spring08_meeting_flyer.pdf
).  Please help spread the word!

Thanks so much, we hope to see you out in the garden this spring!

Vinnie Bevivino
Community Garden Educator
The Engaged University
Food Stamp Nutrition Education Program