[RP TownTalk] Google alert dredges up some TownCenter history for me

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 20:54:20 UTC 2008

Not only is Google my friend, so is Google Alerts. I have a bunch of
Google Alerts ("riverdale park town center," "riverdale md raytheon,"
etc.) that give me links to things that Google finds on the web, in
blogs, news feeds, etc.

BTW, there's a steady stream of job ads for Raytheon, not only in
"Riverdale" (not Park) but all over the Metro area. All the jobs here
seem to be IT type things, computer security, meteorology, etc.

But this Google Alert on "Riverdale Park Jemal" just came in -- it
must have recently gone through TownTalk archives. This thread was
from May 2006 -- before I was a resident of Riverdale Park or a
subscriber to TownTalk.

Thanks to Sarah and Marc for the history.

[RP TownTalk] The Jemal Approach
Marc Molino mmolino54 at hotmail.com
Fri May 26 12:05:34 UTC 2006

Seemingly surrounded by other Douglas Development properties every where I
travel, it seems to me that Douglas Jemal's approach is not so much to
simply leave buildings empty, but to sit on them until he gets exactly the
tenants/profit he wants. And judging by some of his downtown D.C. projects,
he seems content to sit and wait for up to a decade or more. Not exactly
uplifting news, but his projects have been successful (which is probably why
the town chose him in the first place). He owns a ridiculous amount of
property right now (currently listing 107 properties available for lease).
In Riverdale alone, he trying to lease the following properties:

6202-6212 Rhode Island Ave  Riverdale Town Center  Riverdale MD
6200 Baltimore Ave  Citizens Bank Bldg & Annex  Riverdale MD
6715 Kenilworth Ave  A.B.S.S. Bldg  Riverdale MD
6801 Kenilworth Ave  Berkshire Bldg  Riverdale MD
6811 Kenilworth Ave  Calvert Bldg  Riverdale MD
5711 Sarvis Ave  Crestwood Bldg  Riverdale MD

Does looking at this in view of all his Riverdale holdings (i.e., number of
properties held and years vacant) do anything for our cause?

-Marc (4801 Queensbury)

Note: All info gathered from http://douglasdevelopment.com/