[RP TownTalk] Shaga Coffee & Restaurant - check it out!

Adrienne Allegretti adgealleg at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 13 18:01:14 UTC 2008

Besides being sad about Little Giant's departure, I am happy about a new neighborhood restaurant that I hope some have had a chance to check it. It's right next door to the old Little Giant in a renovated donut shop, called Shaga.
It's an Ethiopian coffee shop, with AWESOME African blend coffee, by the way. You can get a donut and cup of coffee for $1.65. They also sell sambusas (beef, chicken, lentil, etc), which if you don't know, they are like thinner crispier empanadas. I haven't tried their donuts, so can't really speak for their quality but I have tried their coffee, which was really good, and their beignets, which taste just like beignets from Cafe DuMonde in New Orleans!
The Ethiopian or Eritrean (dont' know which) family that runs the new cafe are very friendly too!
They are working on getting their full service kitchen up and running in a week and will be serving affordable delicious Ethiopian menu items!  Please come out and support these folks... it's worth your while.
~ Adrienne