[RP TownTalk] Little Giant closed??

Sharon Scott sscott7100 at msn.com
Tue Jul 15 05:19:27 UTC 2008

So sorry to say good-bye to the Little Giant.  The owner, do-everything guy, along with sometimes his wife, occasionally his mother (or maybe mother-in-law) and often his young teen-aged son, worked incredibly long days when I first started going there 4 years ago, upon moving into the neighborhood.  They would be open by six, wonderful place to pick up a REAL breakfast when we would be starting out early on a trip; often stayed open till 8:30 or 9.  After they were closed for a few months, I guess when he had his health problems, they never reopened for those hours again.  I asked after their health and well-being when I went back after they reopened, but they were mum about it, said everything was fine.  At first I had thought them kind of grumpy/unfriendly, too,  but came to see they were just very serious about working hard, and sometimes I thought I caught a bit of a twinkle in the eye or a nod of recognition for my "usual" order.  I doubt there are many others in town who can imagine working 14 plus hours per day, seven days a week, over a hot grill.  Salt of the earth, and made a damn good gyro, too!  Hope they are able to retire now!