[RP TownTalk] Little Giant closed??

Alan Thompson and Sarah Wayland twacks at his.com
Tue Jul 15 10:50:23 UTC 2008

I am sad to see the Little Giant go too. Really sad.

We used to meet our friends there for dinner - our kids would play
together outside or inside on the spinning stools. We'd call each
other on our cell phones and say, "Flash mob: Club LG!" and meet
there, at "Club LG".

They were always kind to the kids. And the food was fabulous. The
gyros *were* good, but I had a particular fondness for the
hamburgers, served on a crusty french roll. The pancakes were delicious.

Despite my difficult experience there at lunch time, we went many
times over the years (I learned to go in the evening when my time was
less compressed.)

The wife always had a gentle smile for us and our children, and their
children were a wonderful help to them, especially their son.

I agree that it is hard to fathom the hours they had to put in to
keep the place going. I do hope the owners will be okay - though must
admit that I'm worried they won't be. Forced retirement can be
devastating - I know families that have lost their homes in similar
circumstances.

-Sarah