[RP TownTalk] Thank you for Public Servants

Nancy Mooney nbmooney1 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 15:24:45 UTC 2008

Hey Neighbors!

There was talk earlier this year about organizing folks to bring snacks to our public servants just to say 'thank you'.  I dropped the ball for awhile, and when I picked it up a smart person suggested Labor Day (or the day after)

Labor Day is the first of Sept, and we leave for China to adopt our daughter on the 3rd!  But what I want to contribute is a spicy almond that I make that people really love, and I can make those in advance.

I called the police dept and they have 4 shifts.  To get everyone we'd need to bring stuff in the morning, then after 5, on 2 days.  I assume the fire station works about the same way; does anyone know?

What we need are folks to put together fruit salad, or a fruit tray, to bake or buy some pastry, or maybe do a cheese and cracker tray.  It'd be nice if we could have two plates each - fruit and cheese and crackers, fruit and cookies, etc.  Or hec, I'm sure they'd be happy with just some cookies.  The important thing is that we say 'thank you'.  I can make a batch of almonds for each shift.  Mmmmm, grapes, almonds, cookies.  YEAH!!

We need about 10 - 20 people, depending on what each person can do - and someone who can deliver.  I can do some of the delivery, say on Tuesday after Labor Day, but obviously I'll be a bit busy!!

I'll take what I can get but hope many of you respond.  I know someone out there makes one MEAN apple pie.... : )  Just no spinach, OK people?  Let's be sensitive to each other's bias!!  : )

Write me back!!

Thanks

Nancy