[RP TownTalk] Wachovia and the Field of Rubble

Roland Walker walker at pobox.com
Wed Jul 16 15:35:07 UTC 2008

> has been such a long drawn out process that we will be lucky to have
> Wachovia there in that anything beats a giant swath of rubble.

I hear you! Eight or nine years ago I supported Caputo's development
on the basis that it was a "bird in the hand".  After all of this time
-- always hearing that he was juuuust about to turn the corner -- I
can't say I think of his development as a "bird in the hand".

Supposedly Caputo has never built a two-story building before; I
believe the town could have in the past and should if possible in the
future guide him to sell or partner with someone who knows how to
build a proper multistory building that takes advantage of the zoning.

If he never signed the MOU, I further question his seriousness.