[RP TownTalk] Gifford's Ice Cream and Candy Is Now Open at University Town Center

Catherine Timko riddlecat at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 24 01:20:38 UTC 2008

ADVISORY                                                  Contact:
Catherine Timko -  Tele     202.234.2666

       Cell     202.365.7470

Gifford's Ice Cream and Candy is Now Open

at University Town Center

Washington, DC, July 23, 2008:  University Town Center in Hyattsville, MD is
pleased to announce that  Gifford's Ice Cream and Candy is now open.    This
is Gifford's fifth store in the  Washington Marketplace.    The new store is
located at 6504 America's Boulevard, directly under One Independence Plaza,
the luxury condominium project and  directly across the street from the
Regal Royale Stadium 14 Theatre.

 "We are passionate about our ice cream and all of our products, and our
customer"  said Neal Lieberman, President and CEO, Gifford's Ice Cream and
Candy, Co.   Just imagine going to a movie then enjoying fresh ice cream
while listening to jazz on the plaza at UTC" said Lieberman.    Gifford's
Ice Cream & Candy Company is the Washington area's oldest and most
distinguished ice cream parlor  and considered a local institution.

"We see Gifford's Ice Cream &Candy as a true complement to our community and
the existing retail and restaurants.  We are committed to creating a vibrant
environment that meets the objectives of the area residents, is supported by
the neighborhood, and provides a desirable mix of retail and other uses for
this prominent project," stated Tim Taylor, Vice President of Leasing, UTC.

Gifford's Ice Cream & Candy Co.  is the Washington area's oldest and most
distinguished ice cream parlor.  We've been making
<http://www.giffords.com/products/ice_cream_and_sorbets.cfm> gourmet ice
cream and  <http://www.giffords.com/products/candy.cfm> candies since 1938,
and our clientele has included President Dwight D. Eisenhower, First Lady
Jacqueline Kennedy, and actress Goldie Hawn. Our founder, John Nash Gifford,
an experienced ice cream maker, spent several years perfecting his secret
recipes - creating wonderfully unique tastes like our signature Swiss
chocolate, Peppermint Stick, or fresh or seasonal peach ice cream. And to
this day, we continue to operate as a family-owned business, maintaining the
<http://www.giffords.com/about_us/about_us.cfm> tradition that has made
Gifford's a local legend. All of our ice creams, sorbets, sauces, and
candies are still made daily in nearby Silver Spring, Maryland, ensuring
superior quality and freshness.

A  <http://www.giffords.com/giffords_history/giffords_history.cfm>
Washington institution for generations of children and adults, Gifford's
features  <http://www.giffords.com/products/ice_cream_and_sorbets.cfm>
Continuously evolving flavors, from the traditional to exotic and seasonal
tastes; the finest ingredients from all over the world, including Callebaut
chocolate and Madagascar vanilla extract; and
<http://www.giffords.com/products/products.cfm> Homemade candies, mints,
caramels, sauces, and ice cream cakes, for every occasion.   Visit
www.giffords.com for more information.

Project Highlights:

University Town Center (UTC) is a 56-acre project, which was originally
developed 50 years ago by the current owner, Herschel Blumberg and is now
undergoing a major expansion.  Originally designed by world renowned
architect Edward Durrell Stone, the project was considered to be at the
forefront of design thoughtfully conceived with flexible design allowing for
a range of tenants and uses as well as expansion in a town center
environment to accommodate growth and changes in market demand.

Visit www.university <http://www.universitytowncenter.net> towncenter.net
for more information