[RP TownTalk] Saying thanks and showing support.

David Lingua djlingua at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 28 01:52:43 UTC 2008

Dear neighbors,
It has been brought up that thanks be demonstrated to our police department in the form of foodstuffs and the like. While I think this is a very kind gesture I would like to suggest another. One that would demonstrate greatly to our police department our thanks and belief in their efforts.
As many of you may well know coming up on Tuesday August 5Th is National Night out, the 25Th Anniversary no less, and this year our police department is putting their money where their mouth is by organizing a two hour block party on 54Th Avenue between Riverdale Road and Jefferson Street. They are in need of volunteers to help with the food and other activities so that they can more effectively oversee the event and interact with residents.
Less as a council member and more as a neighbor, I would ask of you and others you feel can help out to please lend a hand. It would mean a great deal to our police department. To volunteer please contact Detective Roland Alexander at 301-927-4343 or by email, ralexander at riverdaleparkpolice.org.
Please make an effort to lend a hand.
Sincerely,
David Lingua