[RP TownTalk] again with the door-to-door sales

Nancy Augustine nya_md at verizon.net
Wed Jun 4 00:07:11 UTC 2008

A young-ish man who says he's with APX Honeywell was on my street, this
evening. He wanted to talk to me about home security systems, claiming that
there had been a lot of false alarms in our area. I asked him if he had a
permit and he said no, he wasn't selling anything, just advertising. I told
him door-to-door solicitation without a permit is not allowed here (that's
right, isn't it?), and I told him to be on his way.

He may have been legitimate (except for not having a permit), I don't know.
I didn't give him the opportunity to do anything sketchy. When was it, last
year that there were some shady folks in the neighborhood doing roughly the
same thing?

In any case, beware.

Nancy A