[RP TownTalk] Subject: Re: Code Enforcement etc.

marc stauffer marc.stauffer at verizon.net
Sat Jun 7 17:38:32 UTC 2008

Thank you Bruce and Alice for sharing your correspondence.

I found it very helpful in understanding how the proposed budget and
services are intended to change for the upcoming year.

I think the contracting out of the trash service is a brilliant idea
on 3 fronts:
1. it's clearly a better use of our financial resources by being a
more economical way to provide the same, or better, level of service
that the Town expects.
2.  the contract with the trash hauler is obliged to hire on the PW
employees who could be let go due to the change in how the Town does
its pickup.
3.  it hopefully allows our Public Works department to focus on
improving the amenities and appearance of Town, rather than spending
so much time and effort on the mundane task of picking up our trash.

Regarding economic development;  I hope we can find a similarly
innovative solution to best use our resources.  I fully support the
addition of a staff person. My belief is that economic development
constitutes a full time effort for a staff person with at least 3
different areas of town needing attention (Rt. 1, town center,
Kenilworth Avenue) and finding a way to integrate those areas into an
economic district that helps knit the town back together, rather than
accentuating our differences as I feel the current state of empty and
ramshackle areas does.   Likewise with Bruce, it would be great to
get the current report made public.

Regards,
Marc

Marc Stauffer