[RP TownTalk] Discussion of fuel use by Riverdale Park Town Police

Cranky old Coot lking at knob.com
Wed Jun 11 18:01:05 UTC 2008

Jenna, Alice, Marita and all,
While you have your sharp pencils out, play with the pros, cons and cost
of this idea.
I was listening to liberal public radio and heard that some area
counties are assisting county employees to buy homes in the county. This
of course gets county employees, fire and police in the community and
therefore "invested" in the community they serve. It also helps get the
foreclosed homes off the market helping the county tax base by putting
the house back on the tax rolls and raising the value of the rest of the
neighborhood homes.

Well why not here in Riverdale Park? For all the reasons above AND I
know if one of the towns cars, with all those lights on top, sat in the
driveway next door to me, instead of being empty, I would feel more
secure. Besides you could apply the gas money saved to the cost of the
assistance.  With the cost of gas the town may break even! ;-)

Besides helping responsible, employed people move into the community
gives you more point than goring someone else's ox for a few tax nickels.

COC