[RP TownTalk] mail delivery

Jade Jaggers jadejaggers64 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 24 00:41:06 UTC 2008

Hi--

Just wanted to update on a problem we've been having because some of you might be experiencing the same problems. We were fortunate to have Jack as our mailman when we moved here. The next week after his retirement, we actually literally stopped getting our mail. Utilities, mortgage bill, credit card and phone bills, etc magically never made it to our mailbox. Occasionally, we'll get some junk mail, but for the most part the mailbox is empty and/or it has other residents mail in it. In fact, today I opened it to find a handful of other peoples mail, one piece being a check! We have no idea where our mail has disappeared to and when we went to the post office, we were laughed at and told that we should "just get used to it." (apparently lots of people have been complaining).
We called the distribution center and spoke to a supervisor who was very un-customer service like and suggested the companies and friends sending mail probably had the wrong addresses or in fact, never sent the bills when in fact, they have been coming for months with no problem.

We've got a claim in process with the national office.

All this to say that I hope no one else is experiencing this but if you are please contact Ms. Murphy- the local supervisor at 301-209-3432 and make her aware of this. I'm not sure what areas i.e. Riverdale vs Hyattsville are affected by Jack's retirement.

And if anyone has any suggestions on how to find missing mail from the post office, I'd welcome them!! And if you are missing your mail, I probably have some of it so I'll be getting it to you tomorrow!

Thanks,

Jade

<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></html>