[RP TownTalk] Grocery stores- beer and wine sales

Nina Faye ns_faye at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 11 14:11:13 UTC 2008

I don't remember the exact law, just that it is very strange.  Small, independent grocers can carry wine and beer.  I have to go to Rockville once a week and generally stop on the way home at Schneiders in Silver Spring.  It is a wonderful store, with great deals on nice produce, imported foods, Uptown bakery bread and pastries, nice meats, plus they have beer and wine.  Nina

cranky old coot <lking at knob.com> wrote:
If true then what's the big deal? Actually, it doesn't matter what the
quality or size of the selection. I thought the whole bit was about a
heroic effort to get the law change? If a PG county grocery store has
wine I don't understand.

Now I can't tell do I need more or fewer meds to make sense of this??
COC

For more information about Riverdale Park, visit http://www.ci.riverdale-park.md.us