[RP TownTalk] Grocery stores- beer and wine sales

cranky old coot lking at knob.com
Tue Mar 11 15:49:12 UTC 2008

Shoppers' Food Warehouse :: "Small, independent grocer"
Must be more meds to make sense of this all.

Of course Rockville is in Montgomery county. Thing are different in
different counties. Strange but it does at least make a nodding
acknowledgments of different social norms in different communities. The
laws sometimes reflect the "norms" from a time long long ago and it
seems fare fare away.  But keeping laws in sync with changes in "social
norms" and within the bounds of justest is an art. It seems to me that
laws controlling the sale of "intoxicating liquors" falls in the same
realm as blue laws. Rooted in our puritan protestant past this type of
thing are slow and hard to change. Given relative short political terms
of office, the effort required to make small incremental changes in the
law to keep in sync with taste is not often worth the political cost.
Given issues like the budget and FISA and other alligators in the
legislative swamp, it is hard to get people excited about boiling this
little frog.

Must need more drugs meds

COC