[RP TownTalk] Reminder - neighborhood work day and opening garden party

Vinnie Bevivino okrastar at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 19:01:59 UTC 2008

We are feeling on the cusp of spring now with these longer days and
frostless nights.  Lots of vegetables survived the winter and are
growing again, giving our garden a spattering of green.  However, we
have taken field trips to the University of Maryland campus greenhouse
to start lots of seeds, and are excited to start cultivating the
ground once again and replant with this year's set of vegetables.
Before we find ourselves with dirty knees and gardening gloves, we
wanted to give a quick reminder to everyone:

This Saturday the 22nd, we're asking for anyone to come and help us
get our garden ready for the upcoming growing season.  We'll be there
from 10 to 2 with a group of University students from the Alternative
Spring Break who have decided to work on our community garden during
their spring break instead of go off to some far away beach.  Come on
out and say thank you by getting your hands dirty!

And, please keep April 19th on your calendar as our opening party for
the garden.  There will be food and fun for your whole family from 11
to 3.  Tell your neighbors!

Finally, we have two more community meetings about the garden this
upcoming year.  The first is on March 27 from 6 to 7 pm and the second
is on April 5th from 10 to 11 am.  Come and learn about our garden and
how you, your family, or your child can become involved in the garden
this growing season.  We will answer all your questions, and have plot
applications.

Vinnie Bevivino
Community Garden Educator
The Engaged University