[RP TownTalk] [HOPE_in_Hyattsville] Don't Forget to Register for Bike to Work Day 2008!

annelbv annelbv at yahoo.com
Mon May 5 18:55:29 UTC 2008

What? You mean that my presence alone isn't enough???

Oh yes! I almost forgot! I am waiting to hear back from our new bike shop Arrow Bicycle about stunt guys! Bike To Work Day coincides with their grand opening and they are working on getting their manufacturer's demo team to the event at Magruder Park that morning.

We will also have Starbucks coffee and pastries from Upton Bakery, some fruits and other snacks, and iced tea from our sponsor Honest Tea.

Each participant will receive a tee shirt and there will be giveaway throughout the event. Last year, my husband won an awesome bike lock. We also had messenger bags and other good goodies.

Arrow Bicycle owners will be present to help with minor technical problems also. Don't plan your yearly tune up there though, or you'll have to deal with me!

You can visit both pit stops if you can! I've done it many times in College Park and Silver Spring when I used to work there.

We will have several bike buses heading out downtown or towards Silver Spring and Bethesda if you want to bike in a group. Check the website for Commuter Convoy info.

My good friend Mikle Plakus will also be on hand to help people who need directions and plan a route. Mike bikes to work and many other places (just about as much as his wife will let him) 365 days a year and logs some ungodly amount of miles every year - over 5 thousand for sure, I can't remember exactly.

I have asked Mr Campos, our (Hyattsville) County Council Member to pay us a visit...

Anne

Kevin Dwyer <kevin at pheared.net> wrote:                             What level of awesomeness can we expect at the Hyattsville pit stop?

I generally bike to Silver Spring, but I'll take a detour to stop at the pit.