[RP TownTalk] trolley trail

Dwight Holmes dwightrholmes at gmail.com
Tue May 6 21:55:04 UTC 2008

conversion to a hiker-biker trail is in process; the surveying is either
done or mostly done; the county (again, Yeah, Eric Olson!) has come through
with some money for survey and design phase.  there may be something newer
than this to report, it's been a couple of months since i've heard a report
on this.

the thing i'd be interested to know -- up til now, everything i've heard as
been premised on the idea that the Cafritz property development would move
ahead and they would build their portion of the trail, while the town would
build the portion from there south to the Hyattsville line (where EYA will
pick it up).  given the downturn in the housing market and the silence from
the Cafritz team, i'm gonna guess their timeline has shifted some... at
least. has the town and council considered this and is there a strategy for
an all-town project or discussions with Cafritz about them building their
portion of the trail even before they're ready to move ahead with the larger
project?

--
"A budget is a moral document." --Jim Wallis
"Don't tell me what you value, show me your budget, and I'll tell you what