[RP TownTalk] Citizen Complaint of Riverdale Police Animal Abuse

Sarah Wayland and Alan Thompson twacks at his.com
Wed May 14 14:07:51 UTC 2008

Quoting catarina correia <chatareena at gmail.com>:

> what's the point of having animal control if not in a
> situation such as this (i understand we do not know what this dog may
> or may not have done, but regardless, it is for animal control to
> handle.)

We've tried to call animal control in the past about dogs who are on
the loose. We've been told that if we can catch the animal and keep it
with us, they will come and collect it.

Animal control has been critically underfunded for years, and they do
not have the resources to deal with calls like that.

So what *can* you do if a dog has attacked someone? If animal control
will not come, and the dog has attacked one person, what should the
town do?

-Sarah