[RP TownTalk] Complaints....

David Michailof drmsparks at yahoo.com
Wed May 14 15:51:35 UTC 2008

So far we have seen complaints about:

1. A resident who is planning a large event at their
house in the middle of a weekend afternoon.  A
resident who, on their own, arranged to hire off-duty
town police officers for traffic control and made
arrangements for off site parking with the town to
limit the disruption to their neighbors.  Then, on top
of it all, went out of her way to make sure her
neighbors knew about the event in advance, so it would
not catch them by surprise.  It seems to me like this
person is being excessively careful and respectful of
her neighbors.  This is still America, you are allowed
to have gatherings on private property.  If it bothers
you that much, go to a movie or stay indoors.

2. A complaint against The Riverdale Police Department
who were forced to put down a violent animal who was
running loose and had attacked someone.  First off,
the Riverdale Police do not use automatic weapons- At
best, they use small caliber, semi automatic pistols.
Secondly, they have strict guidelines involving the
use of force and would not have put the animal down
unless it was justified.  The discharge of firearms in
the line of duty comes with serious consequences (and
paperwork) even when justified.  It is not something
done lightly.  Third, where is the condemnation of the
owner who let this animal run free and attack someone?
 I sincerely hope the dogs owner has been arrested and
charged with the appropriate offenses.  I also hope
the town is able to recoup the costs of the rabies
testing, the cost of the manpower required to subdue
the the animal and the cost of bullets used to put him
down.  I am stunned that the first reaction to this
event is an attack on the LEO's working for our
safety.

Dave
46th ave

Move over cranky old coot, theres a new curmudgeon in town...