[RP TownTalk] obama party

Euniverz at aol.com Euniverz at aol.com
Fri May 16 18:00:20 UTC 2008

Hey folks,

Regarding the Obama event.  Please re read my posts.  I asked for  two things:

1.  To know what steps were taken to provide proper traffic, noise and  crowd
control.  That was answered.  In that answer it was mentioned  that between
400-600 are scheduled to attend this event.  That is about 10%  of the
population of this town. That caught my attention.  2.  I think  my follow up question
was a perfectly reasonable one, requesting assurances  from the town that the
logistics involving moving 400-600 around Taylor Rd and  the nearest main
cross street, Queensbury, would not unnecessarily block my  entrance and exit
into my neighborhood or create unsafe traffic tie-ups for Ms.  Sargusingh's
neighbors and emergency vehicles, and pedestrians.

Town officials have informed me that Ms. Sargusingh has jumped through all
the "legal hoops".  That certainly satisfies a portion of my concern,  although
I have no way of knowing if the "legal hoops" are adequate or  not.  I
secondarily requested the assurance from town officials that  there will be no
traffic, noise or crowd control issues surrounding an event  with an expected
400-600 people.  The mayor expressly stated in an off-list  e-mail to me that he
could not make that assurance.

Incidentally, I received e-mail off-list, regarding my two very simple
questions, that I have felt compelled to cc to my friends, associates, and  the
list administrator because the content and inferences made in these  private
e-mails made me very uncomfortable and frankly, carried a  slightly ominous tone.
 I DID NOT ask my questions to complain  about anyone's Right to Free
Association.  I DID ask my questions in  order to determine how such a large party
was going to impact my weekend and my  coming and going out of my neighborhood.
I don't think those were  unreasonable questions to ask.

Adrianne Lefkowitz

1.  So all we have left to complain about is people exercising  there
right of association.  Oh yes, and their constitutional right  to engage
in 'the pursuit of happiness' (eat BBQ). {or is that from the
Declaration of Independence?}

favorites at AOL Food.